Shortstop unable to keep down food for two weeksBetts is unsure when he will be able to play again
Los Angeles Dodgers shortstop Mookie Betts says he is still dealing with an illness and is unsure when he will be able to resume playing.
Betts, who missed the Dodgers’ first two games of the regular season at the Tokyo Dome last week and was sent back to Los Angeles to continue recovering, was a late scratch for Sunday’s exhibition win against the Los Angeles Angels.
Betts told reporters he hasn’t been able to keep down solid food without vomiting for two weeks and has lost about 15lbs during that time.
More Stories
Arne Slot admits he ‘hates’ offside rule that allowed Liverpool’s derby winner
European football: Mourinho grabs rival manager’s face after Turkish Cup defeat
‘Stressful’ debut as Daria Kasatkina appears as Australian player for first time