Nasa says pair are not stranded but will stay at International Space Station until technical issues have been resolved
Two Nasa astronauts on Boeing’s Starliner capsule will remain at the International Space Station with no official return date yet, Nasa and Boeing officials said on Thursday morning, as engineers continue to examine the technical problems with the spacecraft.
Test pilots Butch Wilmore and Sunita Williams first departed for the station roughly seven weeks ago, in early June, on a test mission that was meant to last about a week. But the capsule’s undocking was delayed because of faulty thrusters and small helium leaks that raised safety concerns.
More Stories
Newborns treated with antibiotics respond less well to vaccines, study shows
As a geneticist, I will not mourn 23andMe and its jumble of useless health information | Adam Rutherford
Bonobos may combine words in ways previously thought unique to humans